Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Coming Next on The Low Ready

It's been a while since our last review, I know.  It is difficult to continue reviewing firearms without any options for procuring them besides purchasing new weapons, trading in current weapons, or borrowing from others for the purposes of putting them through the paces. . .

That said, I decided to "pull the trigger" on a pistol I've wanted for a few years now, the Beretta 92FS.  I found a great deal on a new 92FS at the local shop, and I couldn't resist.  At first, this was just another of our usual "window shopping" trips, but the people I brought with me were perusing the Shotgun and Rifle aisle when I spotted the Beretta under the glass at the counter.  I spoke with one of the employees about it, took a closer look at it, and within a few minutes, I was forking over the cash.  My friends were surprised that I bought a pistol in the short amount of time they were away from me, but anyone who was spoken with me about firearms at length knows that the 92FS is one of my "dream guns".  Sure, it's bulky, it's heavy, and it's only a 9mm, but I have a connection with this pistol.

I learned to shoot with an Army-issued M9 pistol.  I carried that pistol through weeks of my military training, and it was my issued sidearm throughout my time in the Army.  That's why I shelled out about $650 for the Beretta.  A "First Look" article will be posted sometime next week, and we're going to try something new, a "Torture Test" with my current pistol, a Springfield XD45.  Expect videos to be posted, I'm really hoping to have some fun with that.

I'm also entertaining the idea of buying a "plinker", but with all of the options available to me, I'm still not sure which to go with.

So, stay tuned for updates, a "First Look" and "Range Report" on the Beretta 92FS, and a "Torture Test"

No comments:

Post a Comment